SURVEYOR / SENIOR SURVEYOR
SENIOR SURVEYOR – DALIAN, CHINA
Surveyor / Senior Surveyor
Surveyor is responsible for conducting class and statutory surveys independently with no supervision. Primary function is to examine and report on vessels and other marine structures during and after construction relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for maintaining the vessel in Classification with IRS and meeting associated statutory and special service requirements related to Safety of Life at Sea, Load line, Tonnage, Cargo Gear, and Pollution Prevention certification. May also be responsible for the administration of office procedures and monitoring of business performance at an assigned port/ area. This position will be responsible for surveys and project coordination liaising with shipyards, designers and IRS HO for any new building vessels or structures for IRS in the area.
Required Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture from a reputed university or equivalent; or
Bachelor degree in Marine Engineering from a reputed University or equivalent;
- Certificate of competency as Chief Engineer (Class I) with sailing experience as a Chief Engineer;
Certificate of competency as Master Mariner (Class I) with sailing experience as a Master;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Classification Society or equivalent
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two-year programme); or
qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer
- Successfully completed a recognized ISM/ISO auditor course.
- Successfully completed a recognized ISPS auditor/CSO/SSO course.
- Successfully completed a recognized Maritime Labor Convention (MLC) 2006 Inspector training course.
- Proficiency and communication in the English language commensurate with the scope of statutory certification and services.